Saturday, October 18, 2008

Shoot. What's a photographer to do?


Once a month at my studio, affectionately known as The Photo Cave, I meet with a group of photographers. Their skills range from beginner to the very serious. Two of the members were talking about taking a class from some guy who has a Web site and they wanted to know if I had heard of him. I hadn't.

I went on to say that if you wanted to learn about photography in a formal kinda way, that the community college was a great avenue to explore and that shelling out money to some guy with a Web site was possibly not a great choice.

My ultimate advice is: Get out there and shoot. Shoot, shoot, shoot. And when you aren't shooting, look at pictures. Notice what others are doing.

I love going here to look at images. I enjoy good photojournalism and these images are pure cream.

No comments: