Sunday, October 26, 2008

Someday my prints will come


I wanted to get out and shoot this weekend but a big brown van stopped by the office and the driver handed me a package. It was my new portfolio! Well, some of the components, anyway.

Nadine at Brand Envy designed the pages and shipped me the InDesign file a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've been going through my images and ensuring that they were ready to print.

I'm printing my portfolio myself, but don't go thinking it's a homemade project. It's not. The paper is MOAB Entrada, a very bright white paper that's made of 100% cotton. No trees were killed in the production of this portfolio. This is a very beautiful project, and I can't wait to show it off!

I have this really nice printer that cost more than my first three or four cars. The ink is archival and so is the paper. It's going to be around for a while. The nice thing about doing this myself is...well...I can't think of any reason. It's very time intensive and I can't help but baby sit the printer. You can't buy this paper in Arizona, so it's a bit pricey (by the time the man in the brown van drops it off). And then there's the ink...

Yeah, I was going to get out and shoot, but right now all I can do is watch the printer's head go back and forth. It's a bit hypnotic.

No comments: