Sunday, October 05, 2008

Up With The Sun

OK, so if you have to be on location at 7:30 a.m., what time do you have to go to bed? Just kidding!

A friend of mine called me yesterday afternoon and asked if I could help him. He had been shooting a project for several days and somehow had double booked the morning. He said he needed me on the bigger of the two jobs and that I would be done by noon.

I was thrilled that my friend respected me enough to have him fill in for him (what the heck, even teachers have substitutes). I was concerned that the client my friend had been shooting for, would be a bit tense over a sudden switcheroo. I think that by getting down to business, I was able to ease the clients mind.

While I don't advocate tag-team photography and this wasn't the most complicated session, it was cool that I could assume my friend's style of shooting. It was seamless. If his client hadn't been there, he never would have known that I had stepped in.

My camera is an extension of my vision. But this time I made it an extension of someone else's vision.

No comments: