Monday, November 24, 2008

When Work Becomes Pleasure



It's been said that work is only work if you have something better to do. When I'm working, there is nothing else that I'd rather be doing. I love my job.

The main focus of my efforts have lately been focused on marketing. I'm pretty pleased with my efforts. One reason is because I've learned a lot about the subject (but have a lot more to learn). As a result I have an amazing portfolio and a plan for the upcoming year.

On the weekends, I've been in pursuit of Wild Art. Random images that just show people living their lives. It's a great challenge and a lot of fun. My previous posts show highlights of my urban safari's (the above image was shot during one such outing where I photographed Chuck E. Baby and the Allstars).

Between Friday and Sunday I've had a couple of distractions to my marketing efforts. I was hired to do a little corporate work as well as some magazine editorial work. I'm not sure which gig I enjoyed more.

The corporate work was simple executive headshots. It was so much fun. I love the challenges of making a conference room look like photo studio. The pictures were stunning. I would show you, but I don't like to show images before the client has a chance to display the images.

As I write this, I think the magazine work was my favorite. It was nice to go meet a couple of strangers, formulate a plan and then photograph them in a story like manner. Skip and his wife, Zenda are wonderful people with stories that made a visitor smile.

I'm probably rambling here, but it is my blog. The point is that I enjoy photographing people and my work is my play.

Yeah, what I do for a living involves photography, but it's all about people.

Peace.

No comments: