Sunday, November 16, 2008

Photography One Oh WOW!


I have to say that teaching photography is an eye opening experience. It makes me realize what I know and how well I can communicate what I know.

Out in the working world a photographer develops his or her way and style of doing things. In the classroom I've found that I need to be careful of how I say things — for fear of misinterpretation.

On my first day in class, I told the students that I preferred real images and that I don't use a lot of PhotoShop. What they heard was: He doesn't use PhotoShop. And so now I'm going back and unraveling the tangled mass of fishing line that I've managed to bunch up.

For the record: I use PhotoShop. I think I use it quite well. I just make sure I use it to tell the truth.

Today's photograph is brought to you by Ryan Hearn. Ryan is in the eighth grade and is already a powerhouse. His pictures are interesting and fun to look at. I look forward to seeing more of his work. This picture reminds me of something I would see on a stock photography Web site. If you enjoy his picture, feel free to leave a comment. I'll make sure he gets it!

No comments: